Large Automobile Sales Conglomerate uses Sequel to integrate ServiceNow with existing IAM tools
- Client is changing the way car dealers, manufacturers and individuals think about buying and selling cars, because they believe in matching the right cars to the right drivers.
- Client is a merger of several Auto companies of varying sizes. With that said there are many companies with recruits getting onboarded everyday who need access to applications.
- IAM web service layer is used to provide access to employees in the organization. It is a RESTful web service which is developed by client’s IAM engineering team.
- Oauth 2.0 secures IAM service layer and accessible from everywhere i.e both internal network and external network.
- Application owners and support team members are managing application access through OIM UI.
- OIM UI has a slow response when support team members are accessing the UI.
- There are many pending requests going to back log due to overwhelming requests.
- RESTful webservice
- Integration with w/ existing Okta solutions
- Designed a form for end users to request access to applications
- Built tables to manage applications, their entitlements, categories in SNOW
- SNOW plays the role of Oauth client and will request access to applications.
- Resource server is the IAM Restful webservices that represent the protected resources owned by end user. They require a valid Oauth token to serve information back to SNOW.
- Oauth server is responsible for authenticating the end user and for issuing and validating Oauth tokens.
- Built Rest messages and workflow in SNOW to communicate between SNOW and IAM.
Benefits of the Solution
- Quick responses to end users
- Immediate access to users to requested applications.
- Gives application owners valuable time back to work on development of their applications
- Quicker approvals to application access.