Large Automobile dealer chose Sequel for architecting, implementing and supporting Oracle IAM and Okta IAM solutions
- Large Automobile dealer is a merger of several Auto companies big and small sizes. Two major companies within this company had their own instances of Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11g as the Identity Administration tool that was up and running in Production
- Client wanted to consolidate these two instances of OIM into one with the latest version that will support about 45,000 users. Target systems included two Active Directory instances, two Oracle EBS systems, Revenue Management and Billing system, Oracle Unified Directory, Employee Master system. Apart from this, client has been using Okta tool for authentication and single sign on of all the SaaS and Cloud based applications. Oracle Access Manager is also used by client for business transactions
- Consolidation of two instances of OIM 11g that are on R1 and R2 versions was major concern
- Consolidating the feed for source of records that included Oracle HR, Oracle PeopleSoft, Beeline, TRAX. Needed to fix issues with the feed process
- Integrating both sides target systems to the consolidated version of OIM 11gR2 PS2
- Incoming data to OIM needs to be fixed for any gaps
- Streamlining the Tier model for Support
- Filling up gaps in the system monitoring
- Need to build DR for existing Oracle Access Manager to make the business-critical system Highly Available
- Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2 PS2
- Oracle Access Manager 11gR2 PS2
- Okta Lifecycle Management
- Okta Single Sign-On
- Okta Universal Directory
- Sequel designed, implemented, tested and supported solution for consolidating the Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 11gR2 PS2 integrating with various target systems for automated identity lifecycle
- Defined feed process to streamline the data feed.
- Designed and Implemented Highly Available Disaster Recovery (DR) solution for Oracle Access Manager (OAM) project that included architecture of multi data center instances.
- Implemented the Okta integration with several SaaS based applications
- Built use cases for integrating Pega with OIM and OAM.
- Built the Tier Support model for Security related tickets for identity mismatch or access issues.
- Streamlined the monitoring processes for all IAM tools.
- Built roadmap and strategy for multiple year Security projects
Benefits of the Solution
- Consolidation of OIM 11g provided an Identity Management platform that became easy to manage, integrate and scale for future
- User experience got better with one instance of OIM 11g platform for self-service registration, access request and password reset functionalities
- Onboarding time of SaaS applications on Okta platform reduced significantly thereby helping the organization to be more productive
- Proper feed process gateway was implemented that enhanced the IAM feed process from various sources
- Business critical applications that used OAM for authentication and SSO got better SLAs even in case of disaster
- Employee experience got significantly approved, faulty tickets were reduced, issues were resolved quickly and efficiently and IAM core team got relief after the Tier Support model was built for OIM and Okta related issues
- 24×7 operational monitoring process of the IAM platform was improved to proactively diagnose and troubleshoot the issue